Note – Some of these options are making people hundreds of thousands of dollars and hardly anyone even knows of it yet. In the next 2-5 years more people will be talking about these things because it’s simply the future of sports business 100%
You see, while I’m in sports as a business, I know that most people are still stuck in the old way of making money. So I thought, why not share the ideas with you?
These ideas can get you going for minimal costs and if you’re good and work hard there is no ceiling in terms of money you will make.
If you’re not sure that you want to do sports training or if you’re wondering how to create a full-time business or build a brand, then check out these options for business ideas. The sports industry is WIDE OPEN with opportunity right now – and it needs athletes & savvy business people to take these ideas & run with them.
So let’s dive into a little more about each business idea:
- TRAINING: As an athlete, the training you’ve received throughout your years is very valuable. Don’t let that knowledge & all the tournament, travel & training experience you’ve had go to waste. There are a TON of youth players out there who NEED your training. You can teach them about life & sports – NO MATTER THE SPORT. The DIY Business Course is perfect training for this. In less than 2 hours you can learn all the tough lessons we learned over 10+ years of entrepreneurship, get the checklist of what you MUST DO to start earning money that sets you up for success & start working right away.
- COACHING: Just because coaching wasn’t for me doesn’t mean it’s not for you. The REAL question is “what TYPE of coach are you?” Sports coaching, life coaching, mental coaching – there are so many routes out there.
- AFFILIATE MARKETING: You can make extra income by simply sending an email or tweet promoting someone else’s products.
- BLOGGING: This one was a hard sell for me. I resisted the idea of blogging – until I realized what a smart method of communication it was & how much time it saved me each week, season & year with clients. Then I found out I could make some serious bank from it & I was hooked. I enjoy blogging now & appreciate the additional income & opportunities. My first business blog, www.gftskills.com, is ranked in the top 20 blogs for soccer in the world. Blogging & the additional monetization opportunities that come from it are just a few of the things we cover in our BRAND course.
- PODCASTING: This is an area that is blowing up and we’ve got a teaching just for you on that in the BUILD and BRAND courses.
- HOLISTIC HEALTH: This used to be a ‘woo-woo’ kinda thing. Using things like essential oils was definitely a weird mom thing. But that has changed a lot in the last few years & now men are beginning to outpace women in this arena. But athletes are still the untapped market. Holistic self-care, chemical free, rehabilitation – these words were key words but now they’re a hot market.
- MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKING & MENTORING: While self-explanatory, many people struggle with many fears about speaking in public, being transparent while maintaining privacy & knowing what to talk about. This is a key component of finding your unique design, strengths & platform & is something we spend a lot of time on in our BRAND course.
- DIGITAL MARKETING: If you’re new to the online world let me be the first to tell you that digital marketing is HUGE. BUT there are about a hundred thousand courses out there on what it takes to be a digital marketer – for only one small platform at a time. There are certifications (that no one pays attention to) but the point is that you can KILL IT with this area. If you’re good at writing, selling, marketing – this might be the platform for you. Funnels, copywriting…yep – we cover this in our BRAND course.
- SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT: All the social media platforms have multiple courses out there for how to be an expert on each platform. The problem is they change as often as Facebook changes it’s posting preferences (hint: a LOT). Check out our Social Media Mastery section of the BRAND course. It’s used by some of the industry’s best for their clients as the fastest way to become the highly-proficient expert in all things social media. It’s your fastest way to becoming an expert in all things social media.
- BONUS – SPORTS STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY: THIS is the one. If you start this one up, are any good & can produce on-brand images, I’ll be one of your first customers. The lack of sports photography PERIOD out there, much less decent sports photography (forget Royalty Free) is a tragedy. If digital photography is your interest, then the BEST COURSES out there can be found HERE.
Why are you telling me all this Jeremie?